The Maryland School Nutrition Association (MdSNA) is an organization that promotes Child Nutrition in the State of Maryland. Our members include child nutrition supervisors, specialists, cooks, lead workers, general workers and satellite meal handlers who are employed in school districts in the State of Maryland.
Become Nationally Certified with SNA Certification Program
Do it for you! Do it for your community! Do it for your students!
SNA develops and encourages the highest standards in school nutrition programs and provides educational opportunities to ensure the professional development of its members. SNA’s Certification Program is based on the standards of practice and indicators in the Keys to Excellence in School Food and Nutrition Programs that define nationally accepted standards for quality programs.
Why Should You Become Certified?
Becoming SNA certified adds credibility to your position and to your school's program. It is also a factor in attracting people to careers in school foodservice and nutrition.
- Increase your knowledge and skills of food safety and nutrition to create a healthy school environment.
- Enhance your professional image with parents, children & school administrators.
- Stay current on issues concerning school nutrition initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to your profession.
- Provide a career ladder you can use to advance in the field from assistant, to cook, to manager, to director.
SNA’s Certification Program is recognized as a leader in the child nutrition industry. SNA is dedicated to:
- Developing and encouraging the highest standards in school nutrition programs.
- Providing educational opportunities to ensure the professional development of certified professionals.
- Encouraging life-long learning.
I Want to Become Certified!